THE VILLAGE CLERK'S OFFICE
Monday to Friday 8:45AM to 4:15PM
Cathryn A. Hillmann
email - NHPCLERK@VNHP.ORG
email - VNHPPAYROLL@VNHP.ORG
email - JANET@VNHP.ORG
Village Board adoptsStandard Work Day and Reporting Resolution for Elected and Appointed Officials on
October 28, 2014
click on icons above to see resolution
2015 Resident "R" Parking Permits
The Village Clerk’s Office will begin to sell the 2015 "R" parking permits on Monday, December 1st during regular business hours. Residents must present a current driver’s license and vehicle registration that reflects the Village address. The 2015 permit must be affixed to the car by January 2nd to ensure compliance to Village parking codes. The fee remains unchanged at $75. If you have any questions, please call the Village Clerk’s Office.
For one day only, Wednesday, December 10th, the Village Clerk’s Office will remain open until 8:00 PM for the sole purpose of selling the resident parking permit. We hope these extended hours provide you with additional opportunity to purchase the parking permit.
Village Hall Goes "Green"
PSEG Long Island recently conducted a free energy assessment at Village Hall. This assessment revealed that significant savings could be obtained by simply converting from fluorescent to LED lighting. There are many advantages to LED lighting including lower energy consumption, longer bulb life, and a brighter output.
Based on the PSEG assessment and cost savings proposal, the lighting fixtures and bulbs on the first floor of Village Hall have been converted to LED. The annual savings from this conversion alone is projected to be $3,500. While there were conversion costs for this upgrade, PSEG absorbed 70% of the cost and the Village paid only 30%, or $2,723. The Village will recoup the conversion cost within the first nine monthsand receive utility savings for years to come by using less energy, which ultimately benefits the environment. With such positive results being realized, the Village Clerk has asked PSEG to prepare a utility savings proposal at Marcus Christ Hall.
Next time you are in Village Hall, you’ll see a brighter hallway and offices with the new LED lighting. The Village Board continues to seek ways to reduce operating expenses while moving to cleaner and more energy efficient options.
Village Board adopts 2014-2015 Budget on April 15, 2014
click on icons above to see budget
A State of Emergency is
hereby declared in the Incorporated Village of
FOR LOSS OF POWER CALL
lose power, please report it to LIPA immediately, 24/7, using
any of the following methods:
Village Board adopts Local Law on February 5, 2013 amending the Municipal Code of the Incorporated Village of New Hyde Park Authorizing a property Tax Levy in Excess of the (2%) Limit Established in General Municipal Law §3-C
The Village Clerk’s Office provides the following services and functions:
· Receiver of Taxes – Village taxes are due, without penalty, on or before July 1st and can be paid in cash or personal check
· Freedom of Information Requests – The Village has up to 7 days to respond
· Plumber, landscaper, and business licenses
· “R” Resident Parking Permits – Permits can be purchased anytime during the year and cost $75.00 for the calendar year. You must be a Village resident in order to obtain a resident parking permit. A current driver’s license and registration is used to determine residency. A resident parking lot is provided at the LIRR and in each of the Village Municipal Parking Lots.
· “A” Parking Permits – Parking permits are provided for employees of Village businesses. There are a limited number of parking spaces and employers pay a fee of $300 per space. (see forms library)
· “B” Parking Permits – Parking space for homeowner without driveway. There is a $50 fee for this annual parking permit.
· Marcus Christ Hall Rental – The Hall may be rented out to local service organizations, charities, and community groups. An updated insurance certificate is required. The Hall is not rented out to individuals for private parties.
· Block Parties – Residents may apply to hold a block party provided that at least 50% of the residents on the block consent.
· Car Wash – Applications are taken in early March for dates May through September. An updated insurance certificate is required.
· Notary Public Services are available during regular business hours. Proper identification is required, such as a valid driver’s license or current passport.
Block Party Application - click on image
The Village Clerk is an appointed official under Section 4-402 of the Village Law which defines the duties of the office. These statutory duties are supervised by the Mayor. The Clerk’s responsibilities may be expanded by resolution of the Board of Trustees. Some of the duties of the Village Clerk as set forth by law: Custody of books and records, Responsibility of minutes, Maintaining records of local legislation, Order to pay claims, Transmitting of funds collected to the Village Treasurer, Production of books and records under the Freedom of Information Law. Notice of Defect, keep a record of all written notices of defects. Administer Oath’s of Office to Village Officers, Receiver of Taxes, Permit and Licensing Officer, Serve as point of contact for citizens with question about the Village. Act as Liaison between the citizens of the Village and the Village Board, and additional duties that will arise in such varied areas as competitive bidding, elections, vital statistics, annexation, resignations from office, payroll, personnel. The Village Clerk is appointed by the Mayor for a four year term that runs concurrent with the term of the Mayor.
Send mail to
email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site.