The Department of Public Works governs code enforcement for parking regulations within the Incorporated Village. Parking restrictions are posted on signs at the entrances to the Village. They are as follows:
• Speed Limit 30 MPH
• 4 Hour Parking unless otherwise posted
• No Parking 3 AM to 5 AM, year round
• No Parking of commercial vehicles on residential streets anytime on Sunday, or from 6 PM to 8 AM Monday through Saturday, or whenever otherwise posted as prohibited.
• All Village metered parking is in force 8 AM to 7 PM Monday through Saturday.
The Village maintains parking facilities for residents and for non-residents as well. Restrictions are as follows:
1. Village residents bearing a license and registration with a Village address are entitled to purchase a yearly residential parking permit. This permit entitles the resident to park in the lot at South 12th Street and 3rd Avenue. There are resident parking spots in the Brooklyn Avenue lot, the Central Boulevard lot, the South 10th Street lot, and the Lakeville Road lot, as well.
2. Non-residents (and residents who need to) may park at meters in all of these lots, with the exception of the South 12th Street lot, which is open to permit-owning residents ONLY. Voucher parking is available at the LIRR station. The merchants below are authorized voucher agents who sell parking vouchers on a per diem basis. The cost is $4 per day.
Mike’s Convenience Store 812 Jericho Turnpike
Station Deli 300 South 12th Street
New Hyde Park Taxi 1201 2nd Avenue
Ryder Joe’s 1201 2nd Avenue
Lakeville Pharmacy 749 Hillside Avenue
Special "Class B" Parking Permits:
These are permits issued to residents whose homes were constructed before off-street parking requirements became Village law. As such, these residences do not have driveways or garages and they are afforded space on the street to park. They pay a fee of $50 per year and these spots are marked by signs indicating “Special Parking District.”
Please call Code Enforcement at 354-0064 for any questions regarding parking in the Village.
RIP Frank Milano
Send mail to
email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site.