The Department of Public Works governs code enforcement for parking regulations within the Incorporated Village. Parking restrictions are posted on signs at the entrances to the Village. They are as follows:
• Speed Limit 30 MPH
• 4 Hour Parking unless otherwise posted
• No Parking 3 AM to 5 AM, year round
• No Parking of commercial vehicles on residential streets anytime on Sunday, or from 6 PM to 8 AM Monday through Saturday, or whenever otherwise posted as prohibited.
• All Village metered parking is in force 8 AM to 7 PM Monday through Saturday.
• Commuter parking in the New Hyde Park/Plaza Avenue lot is in force from 6 AM to 8 PM Monday through Friday.
Parking & Building Code Complaints & Overnight Parking Requests
We request ALL residents to report parking and/or building code complaint’s directly to the Code Enforcement Unit, via email; email@example.com. For any issues after 4:30 pm during weekdays, all day/night on weekends and observed holidays, where Village Hall is closed, it be answered by our automated answering system. Complaints will be prioritized and every effort taken to expedite a resolution. Callers must include their name, address, and detailed information about the complaint as well as any photo’s and/or videos.
Overnight parking requests are for emergency use only! For ALL overnight parking requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, address, time and day of overnight request, duration, make and model of car/truck and license plate number. All requests must be made 2 business days prior to date requested. A confirmation email will be sent back accordingly. If you do not receive a confirmation email, your request has not been approved. For any extenuating circumstances, please call us during normal hours, to discuss your particular situation, prior to your request.