Mayor’s Letter to the Residents March 22, 2020

March 22, 2020

Dear Neighbors,

The continuing growth of the CONVID-19 virus and humanity’s response to it has caused the Village to make certain changes in the services we provide. These changes are for the protection of our employees and to help in the overall fight against the virus by limiting human contact while enabling your Village government to continue to deliver the essential municipal services you need.

Read More…

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents March 11, 2020

March 11, 2020

Dear Neighbors,

By now we are all acutely aware of the fast spreading coronavirus. We know that the instances of infections will increase before they begin to subside. Federal, State, County and Town officials who provide health services for us have been extremely diligent in publicly sharing information about the spread of the disease. Our partners at Northwell Health have also been in touch and are extremely supportive. I don’t have any additional information that has not already been widely reported in the media.
I will share these reminders provided to me by Town of North Hempstead Supervisor, Judi Bosworth which bears repeating:

Read More…

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents January 6, 2020

January 5, 2020

Dear Neighbors,

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. With 2019 behind us, we look forward to the opportunities and challenges that will be found in 2020.
After a relative lull in construction activity in Governor Cuomo’s Third Track Project, we will see the project resume in early February when work will commence on the elimination of the New Hyde Park Road crossing. Despite our objections, the MTA and 3TC will accomplish the work by completely closing New Hyde Park Road for the 7 months of the project.

Read More…

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents November 11, 2019

November 11, 2019

Dear Neighbors,

Today, at the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of the year, we honored our veterans at Village Hall; for their love of country and their courageous acts of selflessness to defend our freedoms and our American way of life.   Without their sacrifices, self-discipline and bravery, our nation would not continue to exist.

Read More…

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents October 10, 2019

October 10, 2019

Dear Neighbors,

This weekend, Covert Avenue reopened exactly 180 days after it closed on April 15th.  The crossing at Covert Avenue has been in existence for approximately 183 years.  We are relieved of one of four at grade railroad crossings in New Hyde Park, (including Covert Avenue on the Hempstead line).  The elimination of the Covert Avenue / Main Line at grade crossings will undoubtedly make the railroad crossing safer.  It will reduce the train noise that residents have put up with for decades.  The traffic should flow better on Covert Avenue.
Read More…

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents September 10, 2019

Dear Neighbors,

Yesterday while driving to work, like many of you, I observed a considerable back up of traffic on South 12th Street south of the tracks.  Denton Avenue / Tanners Pond Road was also worse than I’ve seen it.  So too was Herricks Road as northbound traffic was backed up to Garden City High School with so many cars being diverted to the underpass.  Apparently, the confluence of conditions: Covert Avenue closed, Nassau Boulevard restricted, and school reopening makes the whole area very vulnerable to even the slightest delays on the LIRR that causes trains to move slower and gates to stay down longer.
Read More…

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents June 29, 2019

June 29, 2019

Dear Neighbors,

It is with deep sadness that I announce the passing of Florence Lisanti, former Village Deputy Mayor, Trustee and Village Historian.  Florence will be deeply missed by so many in New Hyde Park, but her love and dedication to our village will not be forgotten.
Read More…

X