Mayor’s Letter to the Residents September 9, 2018

September 9, 2018

Dear Neighbors,

The Village of New Hyde Park will host another in a series of public information sessions about the LIRR Third Track Project.  We will have presentation from the LIRR and Third Track Constructors (3TC), the design-build consortium that has the contract to perform the work.

The meeting will be held at the New Hyde Park Road School auditorium located at 300 New Hyde Park Road on Thursday, September 13th at 7:30 pm.

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents August 16, 2018

August 16, 2018

Dear Neighbors.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude, admiration and respect for the New Hyde Park Fire Department.

Last week we had a terrible electrical storm rumble through New Hyde Park.  One of the impacts from that storm was a fire that erupted at the LIRR substation located on Third Avenue and South 9th Street.  The fire was apparently caused by a surge of electricity from the lightning storm.

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents July 2, 2018

July 2, 2018

Dear Neighbors,

I am pleased to announce that I have appointed Rainer Burger as the newest Village Trustee.  Rainer will serve in the seat vacated by the untimely and tragic loss of Trustee Don Barbieri.  In March of 2019 an election will be held to fill Don’s unexpired term; until March 2021.

While Don’s presence in the board room and around New Hyde Park will never be replaced, the gap he left on the Village Board necessitated that we find someone who can take up the workload.  I am very confident we found the right person to jump right in at a time when the demands on the village board has never been greater.

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents June 11, 2018

June 11, 2018

LIRR Update

Dear Neighbors,

Although there are few outward signs, the Third Track Project is in full swing and in high gear.  The “early work” is being done that includes engineering designs, land surveys, soil samplings, etc.  Representatives from the design-build firm, Third Track Constructors or 3TC, will be conducting inspections of specific homes that are located close to the tracks to establish the existing condition of the foundations.  This is so any claims homeowners may make for damage due to vibration from the construction can be referenced against the pre-construction condition.

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents May 4, 2018

May 2018

Dear Neighbors,

Can it be that winter is finally over?  What has to be the coldest April in history is now a chilly memory.  Warmer weather ahead!  That means the Memorial Day parade, bar-b-ques, the beach, summer vacation, concerts in the park, and all of the things we associate with what I hope will be a long, happy spring and summer.

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents April 2, 2018

Dear Neighbors,

The last few weeks have been very difficult for our community.  We have been hit with waves of sadness as we lost some very special people.  We came together in vigils and funerals with aching hearts for the ones we lost.  Our thoughts and our prayers are with the families who have suffered these terrible losses.  I am sure the support from family, friends, classmates and neighbors is greatly appreciated.  It was a credit to our community to see such an outpouring of love and support.  The display is evidence that this is a tight and caring community, even if we sometimes conceal it too well.

Mayor’s Letter to the Residents March 12, 2018

LIRR UPDATE

March 12, 2018

Dear Neighbors,

On Monday, March 5, 2018, Village officials met with representatives from the LIRR and 3TC, the design-build firm that has been awarded the third track project.  The objective of the meeting was to introduce us to the design-build team and level set on expectations for the project as it impacts the New Hyde Park community.

Passing of Trustee Donald Barbieri

It is with indescribable sadness that I announce that New Hyde Park Village Trustee Donald Barbieri has passed away.  Donald succumbed to complications from his long fight with Multiple Sclerosis; a devastating disease that tortured him, but never deterred him from serving the people of New Hyde Park. Don is now free from the clutches of that awful disease.

Mayor’s Letter to Residents February 18, 2018

Dear Neighbors,

I was recently informed by officials from the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) that a contract has been signed with 3rd Track Constructors (3TC), the design build firm that has been hired to design and construct the project. This marks the beginning of what is the largest single project to impact our community. The Village Board will continue to work to ensure the adverse impacts of this project on New Hyde Park are mitigated and that the resulting project will be an improvement to our suburban quality of life.

Mayor’s Letter to Residents January 28, 2018

Dear Neighbors,

We are one month into the new year. We are selling R permits, renewing business licenses and preparing to work on the 2018-2019 fiscal year that begins on June 1st. We also have one major snow storm under our belt. My deepest appreciation goes out to the Department of Public Works for working around the clock to get our streets clear and safe. I hope it is the last snow storm of the season, but chances are, we’ll see more snow.

X